After careful consideration with the safety of all members being our priority Skate Canada Nova Scotia would like to announce the following changes to the competition schedule for 2021. These changes are subject to change keeping in line with the provincial COVID guidelines as we move forward.
In order to be able to offer competitions they will need to be very different this year.
- We will have very limited spectators with specific guidelines on entry and exit of the facility.
- Skaters will be admitted into the arena 30 minutes prior to their warm up groups, will remain together and exit in the same group 10 minutes following the end of their group.
- There will be no medal presentations and results will be online and medals mailed following the competition.
More details will be communicated in the New Year, please read the announcements and schedules very carefully for complete instructions.
- STAR 1-3 scheduled for January 16th is cancelled
- Robert McCall Memorial February 6th & 7th hosted by St Margaret’s Bay SC open to Nova Scotia skaters only, Pre Juvenile to Senior, STAR 5 to Gold singles, pairs and dance. (This competition will be the qualifier for Junior Canadians in the categories of Pre Novice and Novice.)
- SCNS Provincials will be held March 6th & 7th in Amherst for Pre Juvenile to Senior, STAR 5 to Gold singles, pairs and dance.
- STAR 2-4 Sackville March 14th hosted by the Sackville SC
To manage the numbers and social distancing Star 1 will not be offered this year.
- Regional Synchro is cancelled and will be held in PEI 2022
- Atlantic Canada Skating Championships are cancelled and will be held in Newfoundland 2022.
Next week a survey will be sent out to our coaches to poll interest in competitions for the 2021 months so that we can gauge what the interest is by our skaters and their families in competition.
Thank you everyone for your understanding during these everchanging times. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact Section Office.