Great News from the Press Conference today, we are getting back to normal with different restrictions being lifted on the next few Mondays, with a removal of all restrictions on March 21st.
It has been a long 2 years and I applaud all our skaters, coaches and volunteers for the patience you have had, the work you have put in and the positive attitude you have brought to our skating community during some very uncertain times.
Please see below for the details on the lifting of restrictions.
COVID-19 UPDATE FEBRUARY 23, 2022
Today the Provincial government announced that starting 12:01am Monday March 7, 2022 the following changes in restrictions will go into effect.
- Competition and events are no longer limited to the regular competitive schedule; bringing together teams or participants that typically do not play one another is allowed
- Spectators will be permitted following the formal gathering limit – 75 per cent of the venue’s capacity
- Sport training, practice and competition remains at a maximum of 60 participants indoors and outdoors without physical distancing
- Also, as of Monday, February 28 there will no longer be a requirement to show proof of vaccine before participating in non-essential, discretionary events and activities
- The province also announced that as of Monday, March 21 there will no longer be any COVID-19 restrictions for sport.
Please see today’s news release below or through the following link for more information: