As the end of the winter season is approaching, we are getting several questions as to what is allowed to celebrate the skaters in your club.
- Club Carnivals are allowed, with the skaters from within your club following Facility and Dept of Heath Protocols.
- CanSkate FunSkates are allowed for skaters within your club following Facility and Dept of Heath Protocols and Skate Canada Guidelines (see attached).
- Performance Days are allowed for skaters from within your club following Facility and Dept of Heath Protocols. Feedback from Skate Canada Officials can be offered either in person or via video.
- Assessment Days for STAR 6 to Gold following Facility and Dept of Heath Protocols.
- Banquets, skater recognition and those off ice activities are under the Facility and Dept of Heath Protocols.
Any fees that are associated with those events are to cover the costs of the event.
All participation certificates, ribbons, medals, plaques etc cannot be presented with close contact and it is suggested that they be given to the coach to present at a later time.
If a club is inviting other clubs to participate in an event it must be Sanctioned by Skate Canada Nova Scotia and the above criteria applies.
No ranking of skaters is to take place, as a full panel of officials is not permitted, assessment to a Skate Canada Standard is allowed.
The word competition is not allowed at this time.
Any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Skate Canada Nova Scotia realizes that this has been (and may continue to be) an ever changing and challenging year for all volunteers, coaches, skaters, officials and parents, we thank you for your understanding and support as we approach the 1 year anniversary of Covid changing our lives.