2019-20 CHANGES IMPLEMENTED BY Skate Canada NS
- Criteria for the Wall of Fame 2019 – 2020 Season; a skater must attain a +4 or +5
- Credit card will be the only form of payment accepted for competition registration.
- Planned program sheets must be completed at the time of registration through Uplifter. Categories requiring planned program sheets are Pre Juvenile to Senior and STAR 5 to Gold.
- The implementation of the Star 6 to Gold program will result in the removal of the Interpretive categories. Skate Canada Nova Scotia Competition Committee has approved the addition of the Creative Improv events for the FallSkate and Provincial Star & Synchro competitions. Check the technical package located at info.skatecanada.ca for criteria for those events.
- Qualifying for the 2020 Atlantic Canada Skating Championships will be held at the 2020 Provincial Star and Synchro Championships in Amherst February 22nd & 23rd, 2020 for all categories, including Pre Novice and Novice singles.
CHALLENGE TEAM SELECTION:
- To be eligible for Challenge Team consideration, if no other skater(s) has met minimum score set by Skate Canada, a skater(s) must have reached 90% of the Skate Canada minimum score.
- To be eligible for Challenge Team consideration the following jumps must have been attempted at Sectionals:
Pre Novice – double axel in either the short or free programs
Novice – double axel in both the short & free programs and at least 1 triple jump in either program
Junior– double axel in both the short and free programs and at least 2 different triple jumps in either program
Senior – double axel in both the short and free programs and at least 3 different triple jumps in either program