Skate Canada Nova Scotia is very excited about hosting the first annual Club Day this Sunday September 27th from 10:00 to 4:00 at 5516 Spring Garden Road 3rd floor classroom.
Who is Club Day for? Anyone who is interested in skating in your skating community, Board Members, Coaches, Volunteers, and Parents.
We have a variety of topics that will be of use to you and your club and will also be very happy to address any questions you may have.
Lunch will be provided, so please if you are coming but have not let me know yet, respond to this e-mail by Thursday.
Topics that will be covered in the morning session are:
- UPLIFTER what is it and how can it help your club – Ross Ashbourne
- Skate Smart Clinics what are they and should your club or region host one – Jill Knowles
- Role of the Club Board – Braden Davie
- National Performance Centre, information – Jill Knowles
- Q & A
- CanPower, where is it going and how can it help your club. John Mattatall
- How to best incorporate skaters with special needs into your CanSkate Session – Anne Boucher
- Synchronized Skating, every club can have a team – Ann Young
- Test Days – what you need to know – Sheila Beard
- Q & A
Skate Canada Nova Scotia is very excited to be holding it’s first annual “Club Day” on
Sunday September 27th at 5516 Spring Garden Road Halifax.
This is your day for us to help you enhance your club experience.
We are looking to you to give us ideas of what topics you would like to have covered.
Here are some of our ideas:
- Uplifter, what is it and how can it help my club?
- What is Pre Preliminary and how will it change test days?
- The importance of club – coach contracts.
- CanSkate Competitions, what they are and how to run one.
But we are looking for your ideas too!
Please put September 27th on your calendar, it would be wonderful to have several people from each club to attend.
If your executive has changed please forward Jill Knowles (email- email@example.com) the best person/people to send e-mails to for your club.