TO: Skate Canada Nova Scotia Clubs
FROM: Jill Knowles
DATE: March 3rd 2015
2016 Fall Competition, November 21st and 22nd 2015
2016 Winter Competition, February 5th, 6th and 7th 2016
2016 Nova Scotia STARSkate & Synchro Championships, February 26th, 27th and 28th OR March 4th, 5th and 6th 2016
- It is time to begin planning for the year 2015-2016 competitive season. Clubs wishing to host the Fall Competition, Winter Competition or STARSkate Championships should apply in writing to:
586 Heather Cres
R.R. #1 Kingston, NS B0P 1R0
- The 2016 Sectionals Championship will be hosted by NB Section. The Host Club will be announced as soon as the Competition has been awarded. The 2017 Sectionals Championship will be hosted in Nova Scotia.
- The preliminary information required by the Competitions Committee is:
- hours available each day (Friday 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM, Saturday – 8 AM to 11 PM, Sunday- 8 AM to 6 PM, with no other user groups using the ice either late at night or early in the morning.
- cost of ice rental per hour, (taxes included) and charge if any for rooms at the arena
- ice surface dimensions, dedicated electrical outlets at ice surface
- room availability of hotels/motels (approximately 20 rooms for officials need to be reserved and depending upon location aprox 70 more available).
- cost of rooms at hotels/motels
- distance between hotels/motels and arena
- Paramedic or Fire Department volunteers for medical coverage, (an honorarium will be given)
- name and telephone number of proposed Chairperson(s)
- Bids must be submitted no later than, April 24th, 2015.
- Host Committee is responsible for producing and printing the competition program. Monies received from program advertising, fundraising efforts, such as sale of flowers, T-shirts and/or pins, are retained by the Host Club or Region submitting the bid and subsequently being awarded the particular competition. Any costs connected with these projects are the responsibility of the Host Club or Region.
- At STARSkate Championships, Skate Canada Nova Scotia is responsible for all ice costs, medals and officials’ accommodation and transportation. Each skater receives a DVD of their performance. This cost is also covered by Skate Canada Nova Scotia.
Please contact Carol Breckon 902-765-6645 if you have any questions or comments.